Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cinnamon French Toast



Growing up, I've never been a fan of breakfast. Given a choice, I would rather sleep in my bed or take my time in the shower and dressing up than to drag myself to our dining table just to eat. I also don't feel hungry in the morning, so whenever I do eat, it feels like I'm forcing myself. And my options for breakfast meals are so limited, especially now that I've pledged that I won't be eating anything fried in oil.

After coming up with the Scrambled Egg Muffin, I just had to think of another dish for my least favorite meal. This time, I wanted a dish that would excite me by just thinking about it. And that is why I decided to try my luck with some french toast. I decided to add one of my favorite spices so far, which is CINNAMON!

Here's are the things you'll be needing:

CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST: Makes 2 toasts

Ingredients:
2 slices of bread
3 tbsp milk
3 tsp all-purpose flour
2 eggs
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Butter
Ground cinnamon


First step is to mix the milk and flour in a mixing bowl. As the flour dissolves, add in the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well blended.



Now, dip bread slices one at a time until bread has absorb the egg mixture on both sides. Sprinkle one side with as much cinnamon as you like.



Over low heat, butter up a flat pan or heat up a non-stick pan if you have one. Take soaked bread slice and place on pan with the cinnamon side facing down. Sprinkle cinnamon on the other side of the bread slice.



Flip bread slice after 2-3 minutes or until bread is brown and not burnt. Don't worry, if you want it to be toasted a little more, you can always flip it over again.



Repeat the steps to the other slice of bread. Serve with maple syrup, and a few sprinkles of cinnamon and sugar.




If you've noticed, this dish is pretty sweet. The cinnamon provides a bit of kick. If you're concerned with the amount of sweetness in this dish, you can always use less maple syrup and add some fruits to your french toast.

No comments: