Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book Fest!

This week happens to be our school's Humanities week, which means one thing...BOOK FEST! Since Monday, we've had National Bookstore in our school gym selling popular books for kids, teens, and even us teachers! And lucky for me, teachers get a 10% discount and have the option to pay in cash or have it deducted from our next salary.

I seriously had to stop myself from buying a lot of books since one of my resolutions this year is to say "NO" to impulse buying.

But it was just such a good deal that I had to get a few books, and if you haven't guessed by now, what I got were COOK BOOKS!

I had such a hard time deciding what to get because I didn't want to spend more that 600php. I had to decide whether to get the Italian (my favorite cuisine), Bake It (which I've been doing a lot of lately), Desserts (my favorite part of any meal), and Chicken Dishes (my favorite type of meat). I had to sleep on it before I made a final decision.

Here's a photo of the books I got from Good Housekeeping:


I knew I had to get the Italian recipes because I just love making pasta, and I already overused my carbonara and pesto recipes at home. And I just wanted to get Desserts because I need more options for my favorite part of any meal, aside from cheesecake, cupcakes and chocolates.

Each cook book costs 295php, which came as a surprise since I expected it to be 500php each with it being hardbound. In total, I spent only 531php. And the books are just in time for my new food blogging adventure this coming March.

I just can't wait to open those books and try out the recipes!

No comments: